That was me yesterday, and here is what I threw together, with very little thought.
From the canned goods cupboard:
black beans (drained)
green chilis (2oz)
cream of chicken soup
From the fridge:
red bell pepper - sliced
tomato - sliced
tortillas (flour or corn, either would work)
From the spice rack:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (because isn't just about everything cooked at 350?)
2. Mix soup, 1/3c sour cream, 1/2c taco sauce, green chilis, 1 tsp chili powder and a sprinkle of cilantro in medium bowl
3. Spray 9x13 pan and arrange one layer of tortillas
4. Spread half of soup mixture, top with half of black beans and corn, then mushrooms, red bell pepper and tomato
5. Repeat layers once more starting with tortillas
6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and diced green onions on top
7. Bake approx 35 min, or until bubbly
It's like a Mexican lasagna. Or casserole. Or 'this is what I had on hand' hot dish. It's versatile! Add what you have, subtract what you don't, and play around.
PS, My darling Hubs told me that this was The Best Ever. But I take that compliment with a grain of salt, because he says that about everything I cook :)
Do I have a picture of my creation? Nope. Instead I'll leave you with this totally awesome 1940's kitchen. Mine might turn out like that some day... See my retro curtains? They fit right in!